- Availability: JEE Main 2018 Application Form submission will begin on 1st December 2017 and the registration process will end on 1st January 2018.
- Mode: The JEE Main 2018 Application Form can be submitted on the official website through online mode only. No offline application form will be available.
- Documents: Before starting the JEE Main 2018 Application Process, make sure you have scanned copies of candidates photograph, candidates signature and guardian’s signature ready in the specified format.
JEE Main 2018 Application Process consists of 3 simple steps:
- Fill up the details in the JEE Main 2018 Application Form.
- Uploading the Scanned copy of Photograph, Signature.
- Application Fee Payment.
Stepwise Instruction Of JEE Main 2018 Application Process:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of JEE Main 2018 and click on “Apply for JEE Main 2018” button at the button screen.
- Step 2: If you are a new user then click on “Apply for JEE Main 2018” button. If you have already registered then login by entering you JEE Main 2018 application number, Password and Security Pin.
- Step 3: Popup will be displayed regarding the regulation for Aadhaar card requirement for the JEE Main 2018 Application Process.
- Step 4: Rules and Regulation regarding the JEE Main 2018 Application Process will be displayed. Read all the instruction carefully and select the checkbox. Then click on “Proceed to Apply Online” button.
Registration for JEE Main:
- Visit the Official Website of JEE Main.
- Click on Apply for JEE Main 2018
- Candidates who have already registered can log in by entering their Application Number and Password.
- Candidates should fill in all the details as required on the Application Form.
- After the application form is filled, an Application Number is generated, and the candidate has to set a password.
- There are a few specifications regarding the password.
- Length: The length of the password should be between 8 to 13 characters long.
- Uppercase/lowercase: The password should contain at least one uppercase alphabet, one lowercase alphabet, and one numeric value.
- Special characters: It should also contain one of the special characters. Examples- !@#$%^&*-
Step 2: Uploading the scanned images:
- The candidates need to upload his/her Photo, Scanned image of the Thumbprint and Signature.
- The candidate should pay attention while uploading the images as these will be used on the Application Form.
- The registration of the Application Form will not be completed until the images have been uploaded successfully.
- These images will be further used for the Application Form as well as the Admit Card.
- Candidates should upload the images as per the dimensions and size specified.
Step 3: Payment of JEE Main Application Form Fees:
- Portal: When the registration is complete, the candidate is redirected to a secure payment gateway.
- Modes of Payment: Candidates can choose to pay their application fee either online or offline.
- Online Payment: The candidate can pay the JEE Main Application Form Fees using a Credit/Debit Card or by Net Banking if they are opting to pay Online.
- Offline Payment: The candidate will be given an E-Challan to pay the Application Form fee if they prefer an Offline mode of payment.
- After filling up all the details in the fields provided on the payment gateway; click on “Pay”.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the payment/ acknowledgement slip as a proof of payment of their JEE Main 2018 Application Form fees.
- After the completion of payment to JEE Main 2018, the candidates should log out and log in again to their account.
- This will mark their successful registration to JEE Main 2018.
Photograph of the candidate:
- Background: The candidate should have a scanned copy of his passport size photograph with a White background and with no borders.
- Size: The size of the photograph should not exceed 40 kb.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the photograph should be 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm with the candidate’s name and the date on the photo.
- The image should be clear enough so as to avoid the blurring of the image while printing out the Application Form of JEE Main 2018.
- The image should be a colour photo. Black and White photos and Polaroid photos will not be accepted for the Application Form of JEE Main.
Signature and Thumbprint of the Applicant:
- Background: The candidate should have a soft copy of his Signature and Thumbprint on a White background.
- Size: The size of the image should not exceed 30 kb.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the image should be 3.5cm x 1.5cm.
- The signature and thumbprint should be clear enough to avoid blurring of the image while printing out the Application Form.
- Format: The Signature and Thumbprint images which are scanned and uploaded to JEE Main should be in either .jpg or .jpeg format.
|Photograph (name of candidate & date must be mentioned below)||4 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature of Candidate||1 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature of Father/Mother/Guardian||1 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||JPEG/JPG|
For International Applicants of JEE Main 2018:
- All the International applicants of JEE Main 2018 have to ensure that the board of which they have completed their Class 12 is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
The following conditions are applicable for all foreign applicants while filling the JEE MAIN Application Form 2018:
- OCI/PIO/Foreign candidates are not eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through JEE Main Channel.
- State of Eligibility Rules: Indian candidates qualifying from institutes outside India are supposed to mention the state of eligibility on the basis of their permanent address in India as indicated in their passports.
- For the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO, State of Eligibility is not applicable. While filling the Board Name in the application form, the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO will select Other.
- Passport/Student visa: A valid foreign passport along with a residential permit in India granted for educational purpose or a Student Visa stating the duration of the educational program.
- Passing Certificate: The passing certificate of the Qualifying examination must have been recognized and approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) / Commonwealth Universities / International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding Indian Degrees/ Certificates.
- Student Registration Card Report: They can also access the “Student Registration Card Report” which will help them in carrying out registration with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO).